Yes, I binge watched the second season of 13 Reasons Why just like I did with the first season and woman… It is one of my all time favorite shows ever. It is probably neck and neck with Stranger Things. I know that there is so much controversy over the show and I gladly tell you that I really don’t care, so thank you for your comments, they are welcome but will not be responded to. Where was I? I digress…
SO NOW LETS GET TO WHY BLOGGING IS THE BEST THING EVER!
- Websites are taking over social media. I love being ahead of the curve, trend, quota, whatever you call it! I really think that because creating your own website has become possible to everyone, it is going to be the new wave. I don’t think social medias such as Facebook and Instagram will ever go away but I do think that their purpose will shift. Personal websites will be where you post and share your life stories while Social Medias will be more of a supporting ground. I mean I am not that revolutionary because that is mainly how people use social media now anyways, but it’s something to think about.
- You can be undeniably you. When you meet someone are you just like, “Hey here is my life, this is who I am”? No, you are going to take time to open up and get comfortable, and that is only one person. You repeat this cycle over and over again throughout your whole life. With blogging you can share to a mass amount of people who you are, or a big event in your life, good or bad. You get to communicate with thousands of people, not limited to who you are following or who follows you. I have people from India and Brazil that read my blogs, how cool is that? I especially love this because my desire my whole life has always been to inspire and I feel like with blogging there is no cap as to how much of it I can do.
- It is basically a super fancy Diary. Don’t put so much pressure on it it’s just a diary/journal entry. When you write in your journal you are writing for you, not for everyone else, right? That is how I see my blog. Sure I hope people are reading and getting pumped with me, but all in all I write for me and I love it!
- It helps you break comfort zones. My New Years Resolution for 2018 is to get out of my comfort zone. This helps me so much. I am able to talk about things I have always wanted to, go meet people that have influenced my life, and go do things I would have never of done if it wasn’t for this blog. I mean, I had to dance to no music on the side of Magnolia Street in Fort Worth, TX while fake laughing in order to get some of the photos I have. If that isn’t breaking comfort zones then I don’t know what is.
- You build a community. I have met some really cool people in the blogging world. It is like a secret society (lol jk def not that cool). It is fun to be able to relate to people and get together to work. I have made friendships and memories simply because we have this thing in common, blogging.
- It gets you creative. When you experience writers block, you seek out things to inspire you or great your creativity flowing. It is a great tool and way to stay actively creative and engaged.
- It is your purpose when you are lacking. I have been there, at a job that I absolutely despised and the only thing that kept me hanging on was of course Jesus and this blog. there will be times in life that you have no idea what you are doing and that is totally okay. Hills and valleys. A blog can be a place to focus your energy in those times when you need it.
- You are in control. Yeah I may be a little of a control freak. Only a little though. with a blog, you are completely in control of what you get to do with it. You want to post videos? Go for it! You want to do photography? Snap that shot girl! You decide what you want down to every single detail.
- It gives you time to hang out with YOU. I am so big on self care because I struggled with it very badly this past year. My blog is my “me” space. This is a place in which I pour into myself. My stress reliever. It really does work. If your blog should be about you and it is basically your journal then when therapists say that it is healthy to write, they are basically telling you to blog. So take it from a therapist (not me, someone much smarter than me), you should blog.
- It is FREE. Blogging can be free, you don’t have to pay for it if you don’t want to. Maybe you are an anonymous writer (very Phantom Of The Opera of you) and you do it here and there, but not enough to want to pay a subscription, then you are in for a treat! Most blog host sights have a free domain name option!
- It isn’t crazy difficult. The misconception is that you have to pour hours and hours into it. Sure, I do, but I also am a total writing and reading nut. It can be causal if you want it to be. Host sights such as WordPress and SquareSpace make it easy to set up even if you have absolutely no experience in web design, like me. Not going to lie, it kind of made me feel like I was 13 again setting up my MySpace page… Oh Myspace….
- It can help you in your career. I put my blog on my “exterior experience” section of my resume and little did I know, that is what my company was looking for when they were wanting to hire someone. It could help launch your writing career, it shows employees that you are an evolved-well equipped person, and it sets you apart.
- BECAUSE IT IS SO MUCH FUN! I am not being over dramatic or fake when I say that I seriously wish everyone would go out and get a blog because it is so fun. It has brought joy to my life. It truly is a little piece of me. I am a blogger, and I take pride in that.
Moral of this blog is blog because blogging is fun and if you have a blog then you will be blog-crazy like me and wont be able to stop saying blog because it is just so blogging amazing. Blog.